Saturday, February 14, 2009

Childhood Memories

When I was searching for Crayon Pencils for my Neighbours child and I came across my school album in between my books which were left alone on the drawing room rack..I opened to see myself at school...My School Dress.. My school Belt.. What a feeling...WOW.. I started this write up...Take a peek and enjoy...

This is all about loving your school..(Quite.. coz if Karan Johar comes to know he will make a movie with this title.. :) (LoL)

1st July '81, 4 year old cute and chubby boy walked into the arms of Kakatiya High School, Warangal to learn the toughest lessons of life. He was scared and shy when he entered the huge silver gates, little knowing that this huge statue was always standing there to hold her, comfort him and love him whenever he needed it. On his journey to the kindergarten section he saw boys elder to his in maroon tunics and lemon shirts smiling at him and talking amongst themselves. Finally he reached his destination, a red colored three-storied building. Mrs.Thomas Miss his class teacher smiled at him and took him to his class, where he saw 50+ other children and he knew that they were his batch mates for the years to come. It was me.I am 32 years now, working in Chennai. It has been more than 27 years now and 12 years of wonderful school journey that I can't afford to forget. They have been years full of love, laughter, life, disappointments, excitement, and frustration and of course punishments. It’s this school where I first had a best friend, it was this school where I first broke my hand, first kiss, first love, it was here where I first realized what betrayal and disappointment is, it was this school which made me live and not exist, it was here that I realized that I may be one for the world but I am the world for my parents.Twelve years of unforgettable experiences are hard to pen down but they have made my childhood. But now whenever I remember my batch mates or see them on social networking sites or mails, I sit back and think about the years that I have spent in this school. The experience of farewell party at school in 10th standard brings tears to my eyes because I have been loved and cherished, and also I have suffered and because of that I stand with my head held high. My teachings have made me fight my darkest hours. I have learnt what life is all about; it's an endless journey of a boat looking for a shore called satisfaction. It is a sea of emotions where the sun of my hopes rises and even sets down. It is like a seed which has to fight with the earth below to come up to the world above and has to withstand the four seasons in order to bloom.My teachers from Kg to 10th class hold a special memory in my heart, I've locked them and thrown the keys away and whenever I remember I still have in my hand, I am going to impart all the things that I have learnt from my seniors. Whenever I needed some suggestion or books I had to just go and ask, and then I would have it. But just to know that our batch will soon be the top most class gives us a sense of responsibility and I hope to carry the responsibility diligently. At such a cross road, my heart is like a sea, where each wave of emotion is being overlapped by another, my dreams are like the blue sky above and the love for my school is like the unimaginable and unreachable thin line where the sky and the sea meets.

1 comment: