Monday, October 19, 2009

Sarva Sambhavam

After the long weekend of 3 days I came to office this morning to office and i felt like a school child until i saw my best pals at work. To my surprise my best friend Mr,Lanka Deepak presented me a book. This book is "Sarva Sambhavam" written by Sri P V R K Prasad I.A.S. This book is presented by Lanka Deepak's father Sri Lanka Nagaraju Garu to me on the ocassion of Diwali. I am very grateful to him for presenting me with such a wonderful gift and for giving me thsi opportunity to learnb about a great personality Sri P V R K Prasad and the Thirumala. This is simply very interesting...amazing...superb.. what not... I have been following columns of Sri P V R K Prasad I.A.S. in a telugu magazine "Swathi" with the same name "Sarva Sambhavam". The day I received this book I was unable to control my hunger to read it. Here are few of my feelings which i could pen down. Hope you will also have a wonderful time reading it.

‘Venkatesa Samodevo Nabhuto Nabhavishyati’

Lord Venkateswara is defined, ‘Piliche variki palike Daivam’ who ever calls him, He answers his call. If we ask any devotee of Lord Venkateswara his experiences with the God, especially his trip to Tirumala, he has definitely not one, but more than one to share with us. When ordinary people like us have so many experiences to share, don’t you think the executive officer (E.O.) of Lord Balaji has to share many more miraculous incidents with us? Any E.O. is the first devotee of God and the E.O. who devotes himself to God wholeheartedly is bound to experience unbelievable, strange but true experiences.

Sri P.V.R.K. Prasad I.A.S narrated his services as E.O. in Tirumala during the period 1978-82. He is behind some of the facilities we see today in Tirumala - the Vaikhuntam queue complex, the slanting wooden plank in the temple, Large sized Lord Hanuma to protect the pilgrims who climb up the mountains on foot, the new ‘Dwaja Stambam’ etc. How these things materialized and what problems he faced in the course of action and how he felt God’s grace behind these efforts were beautifully penned down in Telugu. Each episode is graphic description with ardent faith in God in flowery language. Tears roll down our cheeks unknowingly as we go through the episodes.

The ‘dwaja stambam’ episode is the highlight of the book. If I mention that in a nutshell, I will be spoiling the beauty of it.

Please order a copy for yourself and read it. Kill Piracy and read the original. I am sure you will have wonderdul reading it.

Sarva Sambhavam
Author Sri P V R K Prasad I.A.S
Published by EMESCO Books
Eluru Road Vijayawada – 2
Phones 0866 – 2577498 & 0866 – 2575281
Masab Tank Hyderabad Phone : 040-23373103
Price : Rs 90.00

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy for u Prayag annya, this is a beautiful book,I wondered how spirituality/devotion of one person can influence the goverance and make things happen for the welfare of the people.We always crib that the government is no good , politics is worse,this country is like this only etc etc...see how the whole Tirumala has changed and stood as World's Second Richest temple.Beyond all the negativity that is happening around ,ask the divine what can i do for the betterment of people, he makes u strong & ready for great things to happen.I am very lucky to have such a good association of my brother prayaga .His feelings are intense & he know the art of living..making ppl inspired and happy :)

    ReplyDelete