Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Vemulawada Trip!


Last weekend I went to my native place and from there we went to a holy place called Vemulawada along with my family members to offer prayers to Rajanna. As one of my uncle works in teh temple we managed for the darshan within 10min adn came out. me & my daughter offered headshave and my daughter also got ear pierced at this place.The trip was very memorable and good - as there was a local bundh we have to manage the travel to this place in TATA Magic - a new auto that came into the market which looks like a car. I could not post many pictures here as my family stayed back in my home town for a winter break and  my camnera is left behind with them. I will post the complete set of pictures soon on facebook & orkut. For now i have taken a picture of myself from my mobile to demonstrate my bald head LoL.... The other picture is the main entrance to the sanctum sanctorum viewed along with the Muslim Masjid inside the temple courtyard of Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swami temple at Vemulawada

Vemulawada, located 150 km from Hyderabad is known for Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swamy Temple. It is one of the very few temples devoted to Lord Siva. Popularly known as Dakshana Kashi (Benaras of South India) the temple attracts lakhs of devotees from all over the country.

The Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swamy Temple is a fine example of communal harmony where both Hindus and Muslims offer obeisance to Lord Siva and Allah.

The temple at Vemulawada is next only to Tirupati in terms of its revenues. The temple contributes Rs. 8 lakhs anually to the gram Panchayat for developmental activities in the pilgrim town.

Special arrangements are made for the pilgrims during the festival. Several cultural and social activities are also organised by the authorities. Free boarding and lodging is provided to the students. Besides, the temple also offers donations for other small temples.

On the Sivaratri day, a record three to four lakh pilgrims throng the sacred temple at Vemulawada. Special poojas and darshans are held to mark the festivity. Mahalingarchana is performed by about hundred archakas. At midnight Ekadasa Rudrabhishekham is performed to the deity. The temple is brightly illuminated in the night, presenting an aesthetic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment